Wednesday, March 2, 2016

School Begins

Well since my last post I’ve have learned a lot and I’ll let you be the judge of that by comparing two pics I’ve done, a before and after, my mid-week critique. It has been a week since I started back to school at Smarter Art School. The classes or so much better than I even thought they would be. I was able to sit in on all the instructors classes and just listen to their years of experience and picked up so much useful information that I had forgotten over the years or didn’t fully understand.

What I came away with was always use reference photos with good contrast, the more the better. Most stressed doing value studies called thumbnails sketches in order to work out your content and composition of your picture. There was plenty more information passed on but if you want to know all the facts take the course. Every instructor evaluated each of their students work in order to see where they were at presently, then asked them where they wanted to go with their work so that the teacher can guide them in that direction in the coming weeks ahead.

In my first class, my teacher also did the same evaluation asked me questions and looked at my website. He gave me clear feedback on my work and on my site. At the end of class, he gave us an assignment which you can see some of my progress below. Right now I think that I made the right choice in the instructor that I picked to study under and feel I will learn a lot to help me obtain my career goals in the future. Tonight I get to sit in on another class to listen and learn. This will be the class that I will monitor for the rest of the semester. Tomorrow is my class time, time to show my 1st drawing. l know that its not great but I think you’d agree it’s way better than my original line drawing I started with.

No comments:

Post a Comment